2005-02-19

Bad Luck, Good Luck


I broke one of my mugs. [See the above picture.] It’s glass so maybe it’s not a mug, but it has the same thickness as one. I was careless with hot water. There was not a shattering as is common, but only a pop. A large chunk simply flew off. Except for liquid and sharp edges, the break up was quite harmless. This saddened me, because the cup was a present, as are many of my cups. So many seem to break. I still have more gift mugs, however, so not all is lost. To make myself better, I decided to bike to the store to get some nice tea. I needed to go out anyway because I had some mail to drop off on the way, which I forgot to do. The store is a long journey up a steep hill. People say going up in the world is a good thing, but it isn’t when you have to bike up a hill. Upon arrival, the lights were off, and the place looked closed. Somebody came out the door, though, so I went in. According to the hours, they had just closed, but there was a line of people waiting to pay for their items. I took the time to look for what I needed. The tea I wanted had to be green and not in tea bags. It’s very difficult to find out here. I was going to give up hope, but after much searching, I dug through boxes and bags and jars to finally find some. There were a few types, and I chose some Dragon Well tea, which if you don’t know, is a pretty good type. [See the side picture.] There was still a line, and looking at my watch, I knew that I would be late to post my mail. I would have to wait until after the weekend was over. I, the last customer, bought the tea. On my way home, I passed a mailbox, and just as I was getting there, the mail truck arrived too. The postwoman accepted my mail, so I was able to get out on time. It didn’t matter that my cup was broken. My mail was out. I found my special tea. The whole way back was a swift and easy downhill ride.

3 Comments:

Blogger apple said...

Green tea! I am jealous! Once I bought some fake green tea in the some town where I am living. And I even bought a cup to match it.

I broke my favorite mug when I was thinking. Then I hit on the wall.
A white one with green pattern.

20/2/05 00:53  
Blogger Jackie said...

I rarely broke my mugs. I can't remember when's the last time I broke my mug or glasses or cups. But my Dad always broke my mugs. I knew he didn't do it on purpose but I was always upset at him.

MOst of my mugs and cups are gifts also. With my name on it, Mickey mouse, dogs, special design. Different ones for different drinks. I think mugs and glasses were the most common things I received as gifts.

20/2/05 04:05  
Blogger Splaat said...

Once my sister gave me a mug three times because my mother kept breaking it. My sister gave it to me for my birthday, and before a week had passed, it broke. I got a replacement one later--a different type, and a week later, my mother had broken it again. I couldn't believe it. It was even harder to believe that it happened a third time. After that, we just gave up.

My mother also broke a mug I got from one of my cousins. The cousin gave a mug to both my parents and my sister, but guess whose mug was the only one to get broken. I also had a cup that is clear with photos in it, but my mom put it in the washer instead of hand washing it, and she didn't take the photos out before washing either. The photos got wet. The cup didn't break, though. I still have the wet picture cup.

I usually don’t break my cups myself. I still have more gift cups, but I’m worried to use them now--just in the case that I will break them. Even if many cups will eventually break, it’s good to use them because otherwise they will be useless, but when they are gift cups, I’m not so sure. Maybe I can just stay in on the weekends and look at my cups. Ah, what lovely cups!

20/2/05 09:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home