2005-02-20

I Think It May Have Finally Stopped

Beep beep beep. I woke up this morning to an alarm clock. It wasn’t my alarm clock, though. It belonged to one of the girls I live with. I know that none of them came home last night, or they would have turned off the alarm. It just kept going on and on. Beep beep beep. I was sleeping soundly, as people try to do on free days. It wasn’t early for a weekday, but it was early for a weekend. At first I thought it was my own alarm that I forgot to turn off, but it was faint and sounded farther away. Beep beep beep. There wasn’t anything I could do about it, though. If the girls weren’t home, I wasn’t going to break into their rooms to throw the clock out the window--although I was thinking about it. I also thought to cut off the power, but didn’t know if it would work and didn’t want to cause any electrical accidents--or have to buy a new washer. Beep beep beep. After thinking about how I might shut off the clock, and after wondering where they might be, and who they might be with, and what they might be doing, I decided to just get up and listen to some music. I figured if they weren’t home, I could listen to my music as loudly as I wanted. Beep beep beep. I’m not sure if you’ve ever tried it, but listening to music loudly in the morning sounds much different. It has to be when you’re a little sleepy, but have lots of free time. It has to be silent outside and blue light must be coming in through the windows. Beep beep beep. I started off with some of my strange music. People who know me well, know I listen to strange music, but I like it, and most people admit that it’s not that bad. Some of it they really like. Gradually I made it back to the more normal music. My speakers were so loud the walls were shaking, which is hard to do, since my bass speaker broke. Beep beep beep. I listen to music often, but I don’t always get a chance to really sit down and just plain listen to it. It was nice. It’s when you see what’s really special about music. The alarm clock has rhythm, but I don’t like its music. Beep beep beep.

3 Comments:

Blogger tcp said...

I still think that the numbers that clock showed go in the opposite direction.

I must admit that I too have been accused of having an odd taste in music, but what people are really saying is that I have a broad taste in music and I think the same is true of you. Most people are not accustomed to hearing Cannon after Smells Like Teen Spirit followed by a round of Sobakasu or maybe some tribal beat. I know for a fact that your taste is even more open than mine so I expect this issue comes up often for you. Recently I sent you the music from the 2 Ghost In The Shell OSTs...I found that to be some really bizarre music but the more I listen to it the more I like it because it has such variety.

As for the alarm clock issue, I believe that something similar arose in a Seinfeld episode. What you should do is go get a meat slicer and shave of some really thin pieces of salami or ham then slide it under the door. And that is how you get the stupid cat to stop crying! Wait...what were we talking about?

20/2/05 20:54  
Blogger tcp said...

The first incoherent blob of a sentence in the post above should read as follows:

"I still think the numbers on that clock should be going in the opposite direction."

Sorry about that.

20/2/05 20:59  
Blogger Splaat said...

You are correct: the clock does indeed go backwards. It kind of has an excuse because it isn't really a normal clock anyway. You hardly even notice the direction. You just notice that there are no hands. Although you can only tell the hours for sure, it's surprisingly easy to read with the minutes. If you flip it over and use the other side, you can get the regular style numerals, but they still backwards. If it really annoys you, you can take it out on the Jackie.

Concerning the Seinfeld idea, I tried it, but I didn't use meat, I used the underwear they left in the washer. And I didn't slide it under the door, I just sold it to their stalker, Frank from nextdoor, who wore it around his house. Oh, Frank, what will you think of next? I have to remember to act surprised when the men in white coats come. It would only be polite. Wait, men in white coats? Now I forgot what we were talking about too...

20/2/05 21:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home