2005-02-12

Unclean

It’s always in the last place you look that you find the thing you were looking for. Logic says so. Tonight, I found out that it’s also when your clothes are in the washer that you find out that it’s broken.

Actually, the first load was fine, but the second decided not to drain. There was just a washer full of stubborn water. I had to fish out soaking wet, heavy clothes and toss them quickly into the dryer where they had to dry for extra long, even after squeezing as much water out of my clothes as possible. They had rinsed once already, so were clean enough. However, even long after I fixed the problem of wet clothing, there was still the problem of all the water that wasn’t going anywhere. I tried everything short of pulling the washer out from the wall and opening it up. The cycle wouldn’t start up again, and the drain wouldn’t open up. It just made a humming noise, and I thought it sounded like it was just teasing me. All I managed to do was add more water into the already full basin.

I was feeling kind of bad because I somehow broke the washer, even if I didn’t think I did anything wrong. Then a friend, of the girls who live in front, passed me and saw me checking to see if my clothes in the dryer were still damp. She said that she thought the dryer had been broken. I told her that it was actually the washer. It was then that I realized the washer had been broken before I tried to do laundry, but nobody bothered to tell me. It cleared my conscience. Now nobody is going to be doing laundry for a little while. At least I got my last load done. The girls who live in front should be fine, though. From day to day, I see plenty of underwear in the laundry room, and sometimes have to move it myself. At least they aren’t disgusting guys, although maybe they will be messier now that the washer doesn’t work.

2 Comments:

Blogger tcp said...

Such beautiful blue water, like your own little lagoon.

13/2/05 00:18  
Blogger Jackie said...

I hate to do laundry by myself... Now I miss my mom...

It's embarrassing for me to hang my underwear somewhere that can be seen by guys, even by other girls that I'm not familiar with.
My roommate let a guy enter our room yesterday when I was not in my room. I was lucky that I didn't have any underwear or clothing hanging in my room.

13/2/05 06:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home