2005-02-13

Theme Music to a Rainy Day

I set an alarm on my computer today. Instead of the usual beeping, I set it to play a song. It was just a short, light hearted, classical piece. Before the alarm went off, I was in another room reading a book. At the right time, the music started, and I looked up. At the same time, my cat happened to trot into the room. It was like my cat had theme music. It would be neat if she did. Whenever she would go anywhere, you would hear: “Dum dum dum. It’s the kitty cat. Dum dum dum. It’s the kitty cat.” When she would eat, you would hear, “Cat food; I’ve got my cat food now: cat food time for me.” If somebody would distract her, then all of a sudden the music would stop.

If I had theme music, then when I woke up today, you would have heard the spring music you hear in cartoons when all the animals are running through the forest. Then when I looked to see what homework I had to do for the day, you would have heard horror movie music. Then as I was working on homework, you would have heard the long notes of the music that plays when people are crawling through the desert or having a nightmare. Then it was lunch time. I went to get a salad, but I saw that it had just expired. Then you would have heard the song that is played when somebody dies in a movie like Taps, played on a lonely trumpet. I thought that the salad couldn’t be that bad since it only expired a few days ago. I put it in a bowl and put a forkful into my mouth: game over melody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home