2005-03-01

Red Face

In one of my scarier classes with one of my scarier professors, I made a discovery. While he was lecturing, I noticed that if I held something in my hand loosely, it would vibrate whenever he hit the low notes of a sentence. I first noticed this when I was holding a fairly large paperback. He wasn’t yelling, angry, or anything to be (especially) worried about. He just has a deep, loud voice, which certainly makes him all the more frightening.

There are some students who are not frightened of him. One particular student is one that I call Red. That’s what he is: red. I’m not sure what it is about some people, but they are just really red. This person is regularly redder than many furious faces I have seen in the past. It seems like in each class, he has achieved a new shade. I’ve known a few other people like this. I think it might be because they have really thin skin, or really pale skin so that the blood really shows up, but I’m not sure. In addition, this poor kid has red hair. I think, however, that his special redness does not merely come from thin skin, I think that it is because he is so excited. He is the most obnoxiously over ambitious student in the class. In fact, even the professor said so in front of everybody. When even the professor notices it, it’s really bad. This super student always does his work ahead of time, and always has a few extra things to say when called upon in class. He is excited to a suspicious level, so much so, that I’m not even sure if he’s just a kiss up or truly interested. He’s probably both, but I’m leaning more towards him being a kiss up. In any case, he’s annoying. I’m sure there are a lot of us who’d like to stick a pencil up his rear end for being a show off. I think, though, he might have one there already because he looks so constipated. When he’s being annoying, I just remember that because of him, I have something to look forward to in each class: seeing how much redder he is. He’s a tomato that keeps getting riper. If we don’t pick this tomato soon, he’ll probably burst. Perhaps by being extra excited in class is the only way to relieve himself of his constipated ripeness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home