2005-03-03

Sick of Reading and Everything Else

There are always those bad classes each semester. Sometimes there are more, hopefully fewer. Two semesters ago, I had a good semester with no bad classes. Last semester was busy, but not too bad. This semester I have one really bad class which ruins everything. It probably takes up more time than all the other class combined. I don’t even get more credit for this class than any of the others. I just signed up for it because I didn’t know what other class to sign up for.

Now I have to read all these pages of these really boring books that people like Red Face find interesting. All I can think about each day is how I have to read more boring pages. We don’t get a lot of time to read them either. Sometimes I’ve finished good sized novels in just one day, but with these books, your mind drifts because it’s so boring. You have to read the same sentence several times. Even if you’re fast, it’s as slow as reading a book in another language. I have to keep reading, though, because I’ll have exams and papers to write about these books. We have to read really carefully, too.

Everybody is behind in their reading. Everybody wants to stop. Sometimes novels aren’t that great, but these are less fun than reading the dictionary. Nobody wants to go to class because they haven’t done the reading and the professor may ask a difficult question. Many papers are painful to write, but the one coming up will be like pulling your brain out of your nose while trying to stay standing. It will be difficult because of the difficult reading and the difficult standards of the paper.

It’s not bad enough that my computer has been causing me difficulties this week. I should be thinking about what I will write, but all I can think about is how I’ll be done in a little over a week for spring break. Then I can just stop worrying. Maybe I can even read the books we’ll have to read later so I won’t get behind. I also daydream about a time when I won’t have this class, and I can spend time doing other things I enjoy, such as getting a good night’s sleep. Ah, spring break, spring break. It’s such a beautiful thought, but it will come so late, and anyway, now I have to worry about reading and writing so many difficult pages.

1 Comments:

Blogger apple said...

Short and
Precious
Relaxing and
Indelible---totally a
Nonsense or a
Gap

Bright
Rabbit
Elastic
Apple
Kernel of gaiety never breaks~

HAPPY SPRING BREAK! I guess I will make up lots of reading during the spring break. Also, I have found a wonderful place to do all kinds of reading.

16/3/05 16:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home